I assist clients with all areas of immigration and naturalization law, including immigration appeals and motions, federal litigation, criminal deportation defense, naturalization and citizenship, family-based immigration, consular processing, and asylum.  I am prepared to provide representation for any of the following areas of immigration law:

Family-Based Immigration:

  • Preparation and filing of a relative visa petition (Form I-130)
  • Preparation and filing of adjustment of status application (Form I-485)
  • Preparation and filing of affidavit of support (Form I-864)
  • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) or marriage fraud interviews (often called “Stokes” interview)
  • Preparation and filing of application to remove condition on residency (I-751)
  • Preparation and filing of fiancé/fiancée petitions for K-1 visa or spouse petitions for K-3 visa (I-129F)
  • Motions to reconsider and/or motions to reopen denial of adjustment of status

Motion Practice:

  • Preparation and filing of motions to reopen before the Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals (including in absentia orders in Court and motions based on ineffective assistance of counsel) – there are very strict deadlines for motions to reopen, so it is a good idea to speak with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.
  • Preparation and filing of motions to reconsider before the Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals – there are very strict deadlines for motions to reconsider, so it is a good idea to speak with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.
  • Preparation and filing of motions to reopen and motions to reconsider before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – there are very strict deadlines for motions to reconsider or reopen before the USCIS, so it is a good idea to speak with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.
  • Proposed Joint motions to reopen (if you are subject to a final deportation or removal order, you must seek the consent of the government to reopen your case)
  • Bond motions with the Immigration Courts to request the release of a detained foreign national on a reasonable bond

Naturalization & Citizenship:

  • Preparation and filing an application for naturalization (with or without criminal history)
  • Naturalization interviews
  • Naturalization appeals
  • Issues related to derivation and acquisition of citizenship
  • Petitions for review from denial of naturalization (to be filed in a federal district court)

Deportation Defense:

  • Bond and detention hearings
  • Cancellation of removal (relief before the Immigration Judge)
  • Suspension of Deportation
  • Waivers under INA § 212(c), INA § 212(h), INA § 212(i)

Consular Processing:

  • I-130 Petitions for Alien Relatives
  • I-212 Application to reenter after deportation
  • I-601 waivers (utilized to waive certain grounds of inadmissibility and unlawful presence)


  • Preparation and filing of affirmative (with the USCIS) or defensive (in immigration court) asylum, withholding of removal, and Convention Against Torture application
  • Asylum interviews

 Federal Court Litigation:

  • Habeas Corpus petitions in federal district courts challenging unlawful detention
  • Mandamus actions in nation-wide federal district courts to compel the immigration service to adjudicate a benefits application
  • Petitions for Review in a federal Court of Appeals
  • Motions in federal Court of Appeals for a stay of deportation or removal or a stay of voluntary departure

Miscellaneous Services:

  • Deferred Action (to be filed with the District Director in rare circumstances)
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (based on President Obama’s policy of June 15, 2012)
  • Parole requests (under certain circumstances, a detained alien can be paroled from custody.  Parole requests are usually filed for aliens who are deemed “arriving aliens”)
  • Requests for supervised release (can request a supervised release after the initial 90-day detention period expires)
  • Battered spouse petitions (Form I-360) based on Violence Against Women Act provisions (both men and women are eligible)
  • Re-entry permits: exclusively for lawful permanent residents who wish to travel abroad for longer than 1 year without abandoning their status